Pages

Monday 3 May 2010

National Scrapbooking Day

Sorry this is a late post, I did a scrapbook page on Saturday and got a little sidetracked with other things so didnt finish my journalling off until this morning.

Here is Rossi, he was a beautiful cat.  I know some people dont like cats, but he was more like a dog, even going to the door to see who was visiting!  We got him when he was about 9 weeks old and I knew then he was going to be a heartbreaker...  and he was!

I wont go into detail but Rossi was only 16 months old when we had to make the 'hardest decision' - I am in tears writing this - we only had him for a short time but I still miss him every day. Anyway, enough of me rambling...


Here is a photo with the journalling tabs pulled out. 


The photos were trimmed to the size I wanted, and then layers of Bravo Burgundy and So Saffron cardstock were trimmed to leave thin boarders around each photo.  I doodled lines using my markers in Bravo Burgundy on the So Saffron layers, trying to keep as close to the edge as possible.

I positioned the largest layer for each photo where I wanted them to sit on the Taken With Teal card and then secured them with snail adhesive.  Then I used my marker again to doodle around the shape left, directly onto the Taken with Teal card.

To create the background on the Taken With Teal card, I randomly stamped the flower and the spotty images from the Bird on a Branch stamp set in versamark ink.  Where there were gaps near the doodling, I put a sheet of paper over to protect the doodling and create a quick mask.

When I was happy with the effect I built up the backing layers and the photos, overlapping them in different ways.  Before securing each photo down, I made a pocket by leaving one edge without any adhesive.  This was to allow for a tabbed journal to be hidden behind each photo - you just pull the tab out to read the message.

____________________________________________________
Just a couple of quick reminders - There are only a few days left to take advantage of the SU offer of getting the Starter Kit for £125 (and a free stamp set from me!) full details here.

SU have a promotion to get ink pads, papers, ribbons and other new poducts (more info here).  If you would like to place an order, please email me.
I have a class on 10am to 12 noon on 15th May at the Community Centre in Shafton, Barnsley - there are still places left so please email me to secure your place.

After a request from several people, I will be holding an Absolute Beginners Cardmaking Class on the 15th May 1pm til 3pm.  Again, please email me for details - it is a class for absolute beginners, so its perfect if you fancy learning a new hobby.  This class will be £8 per person and we will go through the basics of stamping and cardmaking.

Hope you are enjoying the Bank Holiday Weekend?

Thank you for taking the time to bob over.
Jan
X

1 comment:

  1. Aah, I'm so sorry that you no longer have him around but so pleased for you that you have such wonderful memories that you've been able to capture this way. Love him playing with the tv!

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete