Pages

Wednesday 7 July 2010

Dashing Dasher

Whilst getting ready for my Christmas in July class this Saturday, I made this card using Dasher (How cute is he!!?).



Dasher was stamped in Versamark onto Real Red carstock and then Heat & Stick powder sprinkled over the stamped image before it dried.  This was then heated to melt the powder to give you a glue like substance.  You can then use glitter or other fine materials to stick securely to the card.  For this card I used some guilding flakes (like gold leaf).

The circles on the corners of the main image and the sentiment were stamped and heated in the same way.  I used the small star image from the 'Serene Snowflakes' and Holiday Greetings from 'Sincere Salutations'.

I used the 1/2" circle punch to remove the corners of the Dasher image and then punched out the small stars with the same punch.  These were then mounted onto Designer Series Paper (DSP) form the Christmas Jingle Simply Scrappin set and then again mounted onto more Real Red cardstock.

Although I like the effect with the flakes I think the next ones I make I will use white embossing powder as the flakes are difficult to use on the delicate star and sentiment images.  White embossing powder will give a finer more defined image.

Recipe
Stamp sets - Dasher, Sincere Salutation and Serene Salutations
Cardstock - Real Red and Old Olive
Ink - Versamark
DSP - Christmas Jingle
Accessories - Real Red Satin Ribbon, Rhinestone Brad (Circle Fire)
Non SU - Guilding flakes from stash

Thanks for stopping by.
Jan

1 comment:

  1. I love the effect of the heat and stick and the guilding flakes but I agree that you need a bold design (not too intricate) for it to work. Great card layout.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete