Pages

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Craft Fair Crafting

Hi there!

I have been beavering away getting some items ready for my next craft fair on Saturday (26th March) and here is a gift box I decorated using some handmade punched flowers.  I bought the boxes off the internet around christmas time without realising just how big they were going to be - they are 9" square and about 3 1/2 inch deep! So they have taken some decorating!!!


The pansies are made by punching out two butterflies from Shimmery White cardstock, spraying them until they are totally covered in water and then using an aqua painter to add tiny drops of reinker to the edges.  The ink instantly mixes with the water and spreads like magic over the card.  I used Melon Mambo to the outer edges and then a tiny drop of Daffodil Delight to the centre.

I left them to dry, drew thin 'veins' to the centre of each shape and then curved the shapes with my bonefolder before adding a brad through the centre.  They look so sweet and watching the ink spread is amazing!!!  But be warned, if you are going to try this - its VERY messy!

Heres a close up of the flowers.


The little carnations were made by punching out 6 scalloped circles out of Whisper White card, wetting them and then screwing each one tightly.  Then carefully open them up, layer them all one on top of the other and punch a hole through the centre for a brad to be added.  (You have to be REALLY careful not to tear the card as WW card doesnt like being wet).  Then I screwed the layers tightly and left to dry.

I have made some more flowers using this technique but I cant show you them until 1st April (I used some items from the new Mini Catalogue - I just couldnt resist).

Right, have to get more crafting done (tee hee!).  If you fancy bobbing over to the craft fair its at St Peters Church, Felkirk, South Heindley from 10am to 4pm, on Saturday 26th March.  Its a beautiful little church near Royston & Wakefield and is worth a trip just to look inside. 

I will post some pictures over the weekend showing the stand and also some more little projects!
Jan
x

No comments:

Post a Comment