Then I sorted the silk flowers for my neices wedding this Friday. I am not posting the photos until after the wedding so bob back in a couple of weeks to see them!
I managed to have a play this this afternoon and made a one of the favour boxes using the same colours just to see what they looked like. Heres the one I made.
I used two die cut milk cartons for the box and joined them together to make a tall box. Heres a couple of photos of how I did it. The first shows the two cut boxes.
As you can see, you get upto about an inch across the middle of the box where you can adjust the height of the finished box - you just have to make sure that you line them up properly!
I used one of the flourish stamps from Tiny Tags and stamped randomly in Early Espresso Ink on the Very Vanilla cardstock before folding on the score lines and assembling the box. A 1" strip of Early Esspresso card was run through my Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder and attached to cover the join in the box.
To decorate I stamped the flowers from Punch Potpourri (Level 1 Hostess Set) and punched them out, attaching some Basic Rhinestones to the centres. The 'love' and Mr & Mrs' stamps from Tiny Tags were stamped and punched out before being attatched to each end of some Very Vanilla 1/8" Taffeta ribbon and a bulldog clip from the Clips Assortment was used to keep the top of the box closed.
Here is a photo of some of the boxes I made for the commission.