Sunday, 8 May 2011

Strength and Hope

I have decided - I need to win the lottery! There just arent enough hours in the day for all the playing I want to do.

I have been getting ready for mine and Saras Spring Stamptacular this week (I can't post any pictures, you will just have to come and see on the day!!! )  Heres a link to Saras blog with all the joining details and payment info.

Lots of other things have been happening too, we changed estate agents last week, and had someone come to view the house on Friday (mad rush needed to tidy my craft room - eek!!!).  They need to sell their house too so it may still be a while before anything happens, but they were very impressed with the house.

I had to cancel the Crop and Vintage Vogue Class I had planned at the local Community Centre on Saturday as they had to have a new kitchen fitted.  So I went to a demo day at a craft shop in Sheffield, that the amazing Julie was demoing at and met some brilliant ladies - HELLO *waves*!

Anyway, heres a picture of a card I made a while ago for my Mini Catalogue launch party.



I used my Big Shot machine and the Beautiful Butterflies die to cut out the large butterfly from Bashfull Blue card and embossed it with the Manhattan Flower embossing folder.  Then I ran a strip of Bashfull Blue cardstock through my Big Shot using the Square Lattice folder and gently rubbed my Marina Mist inkpad over the raised areas of both the strip and the butterfly.

The butterfly from the Strength and Hope stamp set was stamped in Marina Mist ink onto a mat of Whisper White card - making sure that the antenna from one of the stamped images was going to sit where the large die cut butterfly was going to be.  Then the embossed strip of Bashfull Blue card was attached to the bottom of the mat of Whisper White card and a strip of Marina Mist Grossgrain ribbon wrapped around before securing it to the Marina Mist card blank


The body of the butterfly was made using the Word Window punch and trimming to a point at the bottom and I used a 1/2" circle punch to make the shape to define the head and body. Basic Rhinestones were placed along the body before attaching it to the butterfly.

For the sentiment, I stamped the Hope stamp in Marina Mist onto Bashfull Blue card and punched out with the Curly Label Extra Large punch.  I used this punch again on a peice of Marina Mist card and cut it in half, attaching to the back, but slightly over the edge of the Bashfull Blue card then attached it along with the butterfly, to the finished card.

Right, I have to go now and do some samples for a possible commission for some wedding favours from a lady I met at our local craft fair in March. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Jan
x

No comments:

Post a Comment