Pages

Thursday 27 October 2011

French Foliage

Oh, I am getting SOOOOO excited - at this time in three weeks, I will be in France getting ready for the Stampin' Up! European Convention.  My hubby has convinced me there will be no parties at home whilst I'm away (but unfortunately, I cant promise not to party myself!!!).

I have started one of the organised swaps but have no idea what Im going to do for the rest - and being as I have just been asked to do a commision for 70 thank you cards, I really ought to get my finger out!

Here is a card I made recently using the French Foliage stamp set.  I bought it ages ago and havent used it but I had so much fun making this card, I might just use it for my Convention swaps.

I used the babywipe technique again which is perfect for the leaves.  The reinkers I used were Bravo Burgundy, Lucky Limade, Garden Green, Tangerine Tango and More Mustard.

I stamped the leaves and 'splashes' onto Whisper White card to make the backing paper and matted it onto some Lucky Limeade card. A length of Whisper White satin ribbon was wrapped around the backing paper & Lucky Limeade mat before attaching it to a Bravo Burgundy card blank.

Two Top Notes were cut from Bravo Burgundy and another in Whisper White card (I trimmed off the stitched area from the WW shape) then stamped the splashes and text onto the edges.  The sentiment  is from 'Heard From the Heart' and was stamped in More Mustard ink onto the Whisper White Top Note before aligning it onto the Bravo Burgundy one.

To finish off, I cut out a couple of leaves and mounted them on dimenstionals on top of the WW Top Note.

The colours are lovely - the Bravo Burgundy card looks really rich against the Lucky Limeade.

Thanks for stopping by.

Jan
x


No comments:

Post a Comment