Pages

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Cake Boxes

Hi everyone

When Me, Sara, Hazel, Joanne & Mari did the Don Valley Craft Show last month, Joanne had made some gorgeous cake boxes for people to open if they booked a workshop.  It went down a storm and I just had to make one!





Each box is made from textured card stock (Basic Black and Very Vanilla) with panels of Mocha Morning Speciality Paper.  To make the carnations on the top I punched out 6 Scallop Circles for each box and dipped them in a glass of water (only very quickly dipped in though - they don't like water!!!).



Then I layered them up, made a hole in the centre and threaded a brad through - scrunching the card stock tightly.  Once all the layers were in place, I gently opened the flowers up and then they were left to dry.

Once dry, the tips of each flower was dipped into wet glue before Dazzling Diamonds was sprinkled onto the glue.

I loved how the 'cake' turned out and everyone at Ruth's workshop today (***waves***!) commented on how nice it was.

1 comment:

  1. Jan I love this Cake I aim to make one for my birthday wich is very soon
    it is Beautiful Love Shirley x

    ReplyDelete