Pages

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Paper Dolls Birthdays

Two members of our team, Hazel & Joanne, have had birthdays this week, and I am hoping that Joanne has got her card, otherwise this post will spoil the surprise!

Here is the card & gift bag I made for Hazel - the card for Joanne was similar but I used slightly different colours.

The card blank is Soft Suede with mats of More Mustard and Spice Cake Designer Series Paper.  The buttons in this product suite are really big, but I decided to make a real impact with a rosette behind using some Pool Party Designer Fabric.

To make the rosette, I punched out a circle of card and covered it in sticky strip.  Then I tore some of the fabric into a 1" wide strip and pleated it around the outside of the circle, making sure that I caught the fabric on the sticky strip.  I carried on working round the circle towards the centre.

For the middle of the button, I stamped one of the images from the Spiced Paisley stamp set and punched it out with the 1 1/4" circle punch.  I then pierced holes through, aligning with the holes in the button.  The fabric circle was positioned behind the button and holes pierced, again aligning the holes through the button.  Linen thread was sewn through all the layers and stamped & punched tags tied to the thread.

The 'bag in a box' I made to match was adapted to hold a couple of ink pads. 

Hope you both had lovely birthdays ladies?!

Just one thing before I go, Me & Sara are doing the Langsett Barn craft fair this Sunday.  If you fancy coming over for a crafty natter, here are the directions from Sara's website.

Jan x

No comments:

Post a Comment