Pages

Thursday 11 March 2010

Business Card Holders and instructions!

I have had a scabby looking plastic business card holder in my handbag for ages.  I cant remember where I bought if from but I never actually got it out of my bag as it just didnt look very nice - I just rummaged around and got cards out without people being able to see it - LOL

Anyway, I was thinking about what I could make for the Sheffield Experient Event other day, picked up the holder and had one of those inspirational moments and thought - I can make this!

So here they are...


There are about 30 of us going so I made them in a selection of colours.  They are really easy to make

Take a piece of cardstock measuring 12cm x 21cm (you will get two holders out of one A4 sheet).


Score 1.5cm in from the long edge. Turn and then measure and score along the short edge at 6cm, 7.5cm, 13.5cm and 15cm. Using a bone folder, crease all score lines in the same direction.


Decide which end is going to be the outer flap of the holder and cut way the flap sides – cut past the first score line up to the second. Snip along the score lines (from the long edge of the cardstock to the score line).

Use either wet glue (Tombow) or Sticky Strip to adhere the flaps. Stick flap a to flap b first, then stick flap c over the top – this gives a better finish to the box when looking at it from the front.

Decorate as required. See, told you it was easy!

Recipe:

Cardstock – More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Pixie Pink & Whisper White
Ink – More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Pixie Pink
Stamp Set – Darling Dots
Punches Used
– Small Tag to shape outer flap
– 1” Circle, 1¼” Circle
– Word Window – to hold flap in place
– ¼” Square


If you have any problems making yours let me know.
Thanks
Jan
X

2 comments:

  1. Oh! that is simply adorable... Now I can make too... of course with your guidance only.... I thank a ton for that courtesy...... CHEERS!!!!!

    Ash....
    (http://hastkala-oceancihope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your swap - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete