Pages

Monday 4 July 2011

Happy Birthday Anne!

Oh, I have had a lovely weekend!!!

I had Friday off to get everything ready for the class on Saturday (hello ladies ***waves***).

The class was great fun and the ladies loved the punch art animals.  I will post some photos of them soon.

On Sunday I finally got round to making a mini album of the photos we took in April when we renewed our wedding vows.  As I havent done any scrapbooking for ages it was lovely to sit and chill whilst looking at the pictures & it brought all the feelings back.

Today has been another day off (I have been so ready for a break from work I can tell you!).  And I have just been chilling out with my Mum & her sister, my Auntie Val.  Anyway, enough of me rambling on!  Here is a couple of picures of a birthday card I made for the lovely Anne, not just one of my customers, but a real friend too.



The outer petals are punched out of Perfect Plum card using the Decorative Label punch - trimmed to a point at one end and then curled using a bone folder.  The next row of petals were cut in half and then trimmed and curled similar to the first ones.

You might not be able to tell from the photos but the third row of Perfet Plum petals were punched out with the Curly Label Extra Large punch and then curled into a cone shape before being secured in the centre of the flower.

To cover the centre I punched 6 Scalloped Circles out of Whisper White card and punched a hole through the centre.  I sprayed them (very lightly) with water, then scrunched them each into a tiny ball.  Whilst they were still wet, I threaded a brad throught the centre hole and arranged them so they looked like a carnation. 

Once dry, I glued the 'carnation' into the centre of the flower and sprayed with Shimmer List to give it some sparkle and then attached it to the card blank (Melon Mambo with a mat of Whisper White card).  The mat was randomly stamped with Purfect Plum ink using the little flourish from Tiny tags and the sentiment is from a lovely set called Curly Cute.

If you would like some instructions on how to make the flowers, please contact me.  I cant remember the name of the ladies blog I saw some similar flowers on - If you have seen it, please let me know so I can giver her credit.

Thanks for stopping by!
Jan
x

1 comment: