Pages

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Workshop - Christmas In July

Sorry I havent updated my blog lately, I have been SO busy with everything I have hardly had time to think!

Anyway, here are the items I demonstrated in last nights workshop for Sue and all her LOVELY crafting friends.  Thank you for making me so welcome ladies ***waves***.  There was a great turn out for the workshop - I think the most I have had yet! - and Sue will get even more free products as she acheived the £250 target for this months Stampin' Up! promotion.  Well done Sue!


Everyone made the card on the left hand side of the photo and I used the same colours as my last post - Rose Red, Perfect Plum and Very Vanilla.  At there were quite a few ladies there I tried to keep the design really simple to make sure we kept on time.

The bauble (from Delightful Decorations) was stamped three times onto Very Vanilla card using Rose Red ink and then all three were punched out with the ornament punch.  They were all scored once down the centre and creased then glue applied to attach them together.  This allows the bauble to fold flat for posting but also it can be unfolded for display - really clever!  It wasnt my design though, we made a similar one at a SU training session.

A Rose Red mat of card was torn along one edge and then attached to a strip of Very Vanilla.  The Very Vanilla card was torn, following the same shape and then a strip of Very Vanilla ribbon tied around the mat.

To assemble, we stamped the sentiment on the top of the Perfect Plum card blank in Perfect Plum ink and the mat with the ribbon was glued on.  The bauble was attached and then some silver elastic cord tied in a bow around the bauble.

The little box at the side is just a peice of A5 cardstock which has been scored to fold into a little bag.  I demonstrated how to make the bag (and left the ladies the template so they could duplicate it!).  Sorry, but I dont have a photo of the template, but I will try and update this post soon to show you how its made.

Inside were some little thank you gifts for the hostess as a thank you for arranging the night - hope you like them Sue?!

I would also like to thank the lovely Hazel for all her help last night - you were brilliant and I know that your open house tonight will be great!!!  Good luck, Hazel.

I have some more items to add to my blog so will add them as soon as I get the chance.  Also, we have a few events planned in the next few months so bob back for more details!

Thanks
Jan x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours for a Christmas card, really lovely.

    There's a couple of bits I'd like to order - wondered if you'd be able to get them and bring them to the dabble day? I can either bring cash when I see you or paypal it to you... let me know if you can hun :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the contemporary colour combo. Really fresh and bright, this would appeal to my MIL :-)

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete