Pages

Thursday 17 November 2011

Have I Told You I'm Going to Convention...?

OMG - I cant believe its here.  I'm travelling to Convention - TODAY!!!

Had a manic day yesterday trying to get all my work done, and almost made it too.  Then had visitors last night so didnt get any more swaps done.  Oh well, Im sure I'll manage...

All thats left to do today is to nip round to the neighbours to warn them of the wild parties my Hubby will be having whilst Im away LOL.  Hardly likely, as hes planning major work in the bathroom while I am out of the way!

I wont be able to access my blog for the next few days but I promise I will post loads of pictures as soon as I get the chance. 

Anyway, as I mentioned the other day, heres a photo of one of the thank you cards I made recently (one of 70!).   The stamp set is called 'Bundle of Joy', not quite what I was calling it by the end of my marathon cardmaking session, but it is a sweet set.


As you can see, I didnt make it easy for myself - but I did manage to experiment with lots of different colouring mediums.  To speed the stamping, I put the tiny stamps onto one clear block and just went around the outside of the card blank, leaving the centre blank as they are going to include a photo.


I marked out the size for a 6" x 4" photo to sit on the front of the card and then secured punched shapes from my Photo Corners Punch (this is retired but was perfect for what I wanted!) and secured them in place.

The little flowers on the right hand side photo corners were just punched out using the 4 petal flower from Itty Bitty Shapes punch with basic pearls added to the centre.  To finish off I stamped 'baby' and 'thanks (so much) from Tiny Tags and punched them out with the Jewelry Tag Punch.
For the colouring I tried lots of different items (with varying results to be honest).
- Copics and Flexmarkers were lovely for shading but the ink bleeds through, spoiling the underside.  The shading took forever and the colours were slighly off.
- SU Watercolour Pencils have lovely bright colours, but it did take a while to get the blending done!
- SU Water Colour Crayons were quicker than the pencils and they are really easy to use, but the sheen they leave on the card looks a little odd (but thats just me being picky!)
- by far the best were the SU Marvelous Markers - really quick and the colours matched perfectly!!

By the time I was about half way through, I had reduced the time to make them from over an hour to 45 mins, which doesnt sound much - until you have to bake 70 of them!

Right, thats me done.  Im all packed and ready to go!!!
See you when I come back.
Jan
x

No comments:

Post a Comment