Pages

Monday 11 June 2012

New outfit for Pearl

Hi everyone, I was going to post something different today but I am so excited about what I made yesterday that I just had to show you this.

My Mum lent me her sewing machine the other week, but I decided that whilst I was taking care of her, she needed a name and a new outfit.

Anyway, I have called her Pearl (she is a Singer!) and here is her new dress.



The fabric is from SU and its called Deck the Halls.  Not sure why, its not very Christmassy!  But I like the muted colours.  I know those of you who are into sewing might think its not made very well, but I didn't have a pattern - I just used the plastic case and roughly marked the basic shapes before cutting them out.


To decorate it, I cut out some squares using the SU Scalloped Square die and some flowers from the Fun Flowers die in different colours of the fabric before sewing them on the cover.  The buttons are retired ones I have had for a while and I just stitched them on with some white bakers twine.

Can you tell that I'm a little bit proud of myself? 

Jan

1 comment:

  1. Mi Jan you have made her look posh. you should be proud she looks gorgeous,I would love to hear her sing.
    Love Shirley x

    ReplyDelete