Pages

Sunday 8 November 2009

Butterflies


Havent had the chance to play with this stamp set since getting it and had a ball using it - its so nice to use and the matching punch cuts out the butterfiles perfectly!

I used a die cutter to make the base for the bottom layer, leaving the cutter in place whilst using my Stampin Pastels with sponge daubers to do some shading.  This left a really nice white edge to the layer.  I had heard about this technique before but have never tried it before today - its really easy and the effect is lovely.

The sentiment is one from the stamp set and was stamped directly onto the base using a marker to colour.

I stamped different butterfly stamps onto vellum cardstock, punched them out and layered them, creasing the wings so they are raised slightly.  I used a little craft wire from my stash and fastened long chrystal beads from the Pretties Kit onto the butterflies for the body, curling the ends.  I then mounted them on dimentionals.

The two flowers are each made from two layers of the six pointed flower from the Boho Punch, secured using a brad to the centre.

Recipe:


Cardsock; Pink Passion, vellum
Stamp Sets; Flight of the Butterfly
Ink; Marvelous Markers
Accessories; Stampin Pastels, Sponge Daubers, brads, So Safron ribbon, chrystal beads (Pretties Kit), Butterfly Punch.

Thanks
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment