Pages

Saturday 10 December 2011

Beautiful Wings

First of all, Id like to apologise for not having the time to sort out the Class Bundle yet.  I have been on a course all week in Derby and although I knew there was an exam to sit - I didn't know there would be homework too (I haven't had to do home work for nearly 30 years!!!). 

The other thing that's kept me busy is that we have had all the work to the bathroom, so real life has got in the way lately. Thankfully, all the hard work in the bathroom is done now.

I had bought some new items to make the bathroom look nice and picked a lovely aubergine colour to accessorise the room, but its a really difficult colour to match up and after I put everything in place, there was a gap which NEEDED something else. 

I had been given a photograph frame a few years ago but I just couldn't find a nice enough picture to put in it so to save traipsing around the shops to find something, I improvised a bit - after all, a photo frame doesn't have to have a photo in it!





I used a piece of Elegant Eggplant cardstock and trimmed it to fit the frame, then cut a mat of Whisper White card to sit inside.  The butterflies are die cut & embossed using the Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die and they were then sprayed with shimmer mist to add a little sparkle.

The butterflies were just positioned on the Whisper White card and Basic Rhinestones added for some bling.  It the only bit of crafting Ive done for at least a week (shhh, I still haven't started making my Christmas Cards!!!).

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment