Pages

Monday 2 July 2012

Slap my hand

I know, I need my hand slapping for not posting anything for a while.  But I do have an excuse, honest.

Me and my DH went on holiday for a few days to the Goodwood Festival of Speed and had a brilliant time.  Its the first holiday we have had for about 6 years - we always end up staying at home when we have any time off work, but my cunning plan of getting away (choose somewhere with motorbikes) worked!

We were there from Thursday to Sunday so hopefully we managed to see everything.  I even managed to get Ian to go for a ride in a helicopter!!!

Ian's little challenge, to get me some photos for scrapbooking, worked too, so I will probably have enough to fill 10 scrapbooks now.  I'll share some photos of the scrapbook pages soon, but in the meantime, here is a photo of a card I made for each of our team members for our meeting last week.

The card blank is Crumb Cake with a mat of Cherry Cobler.  The Very Vanilla card on top was embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder and then the raised areas were inked with Cherry Cobler ink using a sponge dauber.  I'm not sure if you can see from the phots but only the outer edges of the Very Vanilla card are embossed.

I did this by taking a number of pieces of the backing card from designer series paper (4"x 6" in size) and cutting out an area with one of the dies from the Framelits Labels dies on each card piece.  I used 7 pieces of card and glued each one together on top of each other, making sure that the area cut out with the die lined up.   Every Big Shot machine is ever so slightly different, so the depth of card you will need will vary - the thickness of the card used will also affect how many pieces needed.  Basically, you are looking for the depth of a cutting mat as you will replace one of the cutting mats when embossing the card.

Once I had the right thickness, I ran the Very Vanilla cardstock through the Big Shot using the platform (without tabs 1 and 2) the card 'cutting mat' embossing folder with cardstock inside and then just one cutting mat.

The sentiment above and below the Very Vanilla 1/4" Very Vanilla ribbon is from the Petite Pairs stamp set and the flower is punched out from some Deck the Halls fabric.  I wouldn't recommend punching through fabric though - it was very tough even when using the fabric adhesive - to punch out (I ended up standing on the punch to get it to cut through).  The brad in the centre of the flower is from the Antique Brads - one of my absolute favourate products from the current catty.  I only allow really special people to have these, as they are so gorgeous!

Here is a photo of some of the other cards I made for the event.
And here is a photo of everyone engrossed in playing.


Just before I go, there are two offers from Stampin' Up! this month - click here to find out more!

Thanks for stopping by.

Jan
x

No comments:

Post a Comment