Pages

Sunday 7 July 2013

Brayering Class

Oh, I am loving this warm weather even though I haven't been able to get out in it that much.

It was really warm yesterday at our class - thankfully it was in the morning so we didn't have the afternoon heat to contend with later in the day. I think everyone enjoyed it - and I had a BRILLIANT time.

We covered brayering in our technique class and as usual I ran over with the time but it was ok as I can do classes at home now - woo hoo! At the end I demonstrated more techniques with the brayer including 'bouncing brayering' a bit of a gamble as I hadn't tried it before but here is the finished sample I completed today.



The card is just glossy photo paper with pink pirouette, blushing bride and melon mambo inks used to create the design. I applied some silver dazzling details to add a bit of sparkle then punched out a large scalloped circle from some Silver Glimmer paper.

It didn't really 'fit' in with the design though so I put the punched circle into the punch again, aligning it with the first cut scalloped shape so instead of curved scallops I got what look a little like spikes.

The stamped image is from the new Label Love set which has a matching punch - Artisan Label Punch. Once I stamped the image and punched it out I mounted it with Chrystal Effects onto the Glimmer Paper, matted it onto a large circle of melon mambo card then adhered it to the brayered layer.

The card blank is an A6 piece of melon mambo card with a mat of whisper white card.

Oh, and just before I go here is a photo of the ladies crafting - hello Maria, Carol, Cheryl & my Mum, June!!!


Ok, enough of my whittering on, hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

I'll be posting information about our upcoming events in the next day or too so bob back soon.

Jan x
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment