Pages

Friday 26 July 2013

Team Training Swap

Hi everyone
we had our team training last Sunday and it was certainly a busy one!  I think there were about 16 of us all together and we aren't shy when it comes to having fun.  Im not quite sure if we managed to control everyone but thats what getting together is all about - FUN.

Here is the swap I made using the Card Base Pop 'n Cuts die.  Its not just for making card blanks - here I used it to make a gift card holder which will come in handy at Christmas time!!!



And can you see what I did - I used some DSP!!! yey.  Now, I do have a real problem cutting into our papers as they are so lovely.  But i had my brave head on and did it, and Im so proud of myself.  

Here is a photo of the inside with a gift card inside and the belly band.

I made them using a couple of colourways - one with Very Vanilla as the base with Pumpkin Pie and the other with Whisper White and Daffodil Delight.  The DSP is called Quatrefancy and includes two clear window sheets with a beautiful white printed pattern - now, I just know I wont be able to use this!

Can you see the little four petal flower shapes on the front of the holder?  Well, there is a set of three tiny punches in the Annual Catalogue called Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and the four petal flower fits perfectly around some of the images on the DSP! 

I cant take any credit for the gift card holder as I saw it on a US demonstrators website (Catherine Harwood - 321stamp.typepad.com).  Basically, you cut out the card base and score it on the long edge at 1", 3" and 7 1/2" and use sticky strip to hold the sides of the gift card holder in place.

Hope you have a great weekend, we are having our Summer Stamptacular tomorrow and I cant wait - we have a great time at these events and the projects will be stunning!

Jan
x

No comments:

Post a Comment