Pages

Sunday 6 June 2010

Its the Blog Hop!


Hello and welcome to the New Product Blog Hop! 

Today from 10am, several ladies from the In Love With Stamping website are giving you examples of projects made using some gorgeous new products from Stampin' Up.  Due to the number of posts there may be some slight problems with the links on the Blog Hop - if you do have any problems PLEASE bob back over later and continue your journey!

The products include three new colours, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry and Soft Suede.  Each new colour has matching cardstock, full sized inkpads and lovely Polka Dot Ribbon.  Also included in the new products released by SU are Window Sheets and double sided Designer Series Paper.

All being well you will have come over to me from the totally amazing Sara Stampers blog.  I wish I could be as half as creative as she is - she has some gorgeous work on there hasnt she!

Anyway, here is my project for the Blog Hop.  Mini books using the Window Sheets, cardstock and Polka Dot Ribbon in Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo and Soft Suede.



As soon as we could order the new products from Stampin' Up! I got some of the window sheets.  These are REALLY pretty clear acetate sheets with delicate flowers and vines printed on them.



As some of you may already know, Me and Sara do craft fairs and events and I thought I would make a few mini books for our next fair at the end of June.  Here are some photos of the indivdual mini books.






The window sheets are perfect covers for the mini books - how nice would a photo between the window sheet and the inside cover look?

To make the back cover I cut some chipboard into oblongs and then covered the back and the front of the chipboard in cardstock. The pages are Whisper White cardstock cut slightly smaller than the back cover.

The covers are made by cutting cardstock and the Window Sheet to the same size as the back cover. You should have seen my face as I was cutting the Window Sheet heet, LOL!!!

I bought some SU rub ons ages ago but I have never been that confident using rub ons in the past. I always ended up with bits of the designs missing no matter how hard I tried not to. But the SU ones are great - no bits missing and a really professional finish - I am converted!!!

The binding holes were done using my Crop A Dile making sure they all lined up. I then threaded silver coloured binding rings through the holes to keep all the pages in place. Ribbon bows and knots were tied to the rings to decorate.

I got a little carried away making them and made a slightly different version which has a chipboard back and front cover.  This was made in the same way as the first ones but I used the Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper to cover both the front and back covers.

The paper matches the Soft Suede perfectly so I used the Soft Suede Polka Dot Ribbon on the binding rings.  The birds are just punched out using the Two Step Bird Punch in Old Olive and Certainly Celery cardstock and the edges inked.

Thank you for coming to see my blog, I do hope you are having a great time taking in all the inspiration on the Blog Hop?  I will now pass you on to Kims Blog for even more ideas!

Recipe
Cardstock - Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, Old Olive
Designer Series Paper - Cottage Wall
Window Sheets
Polka Dot Ribbon Grosgrain - Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Soft Suede
Accessories - Crop A Dile, Two Step Bird Punch, Cherished Memories Rub ons.
Non Su - Chipboard, binding rings.

Jan

14 comments:

  1. Ooh I look forward to seeing these IRL at the craft fair Jan. Another great use for the Flower Fantasy sheets. Didn't think of adding rub-ons, doh!

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Briilant use of the window sheets! I didn't get these but now i think i MUST :) Well Done Jan :)

    Carol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are beautiful and look so good in these colors x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan ... these are gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these are fab Jan, love them all :)

    x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - the printed sheets make wonderful covers - I love what you have done with them. I have just started a mini book and used them this way but now I think I need to do some more 'adjusting' before I call it anywhere near finished! Thanks for the inspiration

    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the mini books and the window sheets as covers is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Jan. It's amazing how differently we use these products. Good luck with the craft fair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you have done Jan and now I MUST get the window sheets....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards, love the one with the two birds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really lovely little books. I bet these will go down a storm at the craft fairs. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs,

    Becki
    xx

    ReplyDelete