Pages

Thursday 3 June 2010

Update on Mrs Miggins and Blog Hop Info

Well, its been an 'interesting' night following our cat, Mrs Miggins, operation.  She is doing well, thankfully!  When she came home she was in a total panic as she had been fitted with a collar to stop her trying to lick the wound.

She was really disorientated and trying to run away so we ended up taking her collar off as she was so distressed we were worried she would make herself ill.  Straight away she seemed more relaxed and eventually settled down for a sleep.

This morning has been fun (not!) she has been going crazy wanting to go outside - I never want it to rain but it would be handy today, at least then she would be happy to stay indoors!! 

Anyway, back to crafting - over at the In Love With Stamping website (here) lots of us are doing another Blog Hop.  Those of you who have done this before will know just how much fun and inspiration these are.  You will visit groups of blogs with posts for items made using some of the 11 new products launched by Stampin' Up.

The Blog Hop goes live at 10am on the 6th June so make a note in your diary to come over for the chance to see some of the lovely ladies creations.  Here is a little taster of something I made the other day using some of the new products.



The new colours are absolutely stunning!  Here I used Melon Mambo card, ink and the gorgeous spotty ribbon.  The stripey paper is actually the Bride Speciality Paper (why do they call it paper?  its card!!!) and I used my brayer with Melon Mambo ink to change the colour of it. 

I have seen so many people doing this but when I came to do it myself I was convinced that I would end up with a blotchy mess - but it was fantastic!  No patches, no lines and so quick to do - this is definitely going to be included in my Brayering Class on 19th June!!!  I got so carried away, I ended up doing the brayering on the flowery paper.  This is the Night & Day Speciality Paper and again was so easy to brayer.

Don't forget to bob back over to see the projects on the Blog Hop on 6th June from 10am.  All you will need is access to the sites, a cuppa, biscuits (preferably chocolate) and some spare time to chill and be inspired.

Recipe
Cardstock, Ink and Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon - Melon Mambo
Stamp set - Baroque Motifs
DSP - Bride, Night & Day
Accessories - Brayer, Large Oval & Scalloped Oval punches.

Jan
Ps. I still have some places left on my Brayering Class - please contact me to book your place ASAP.

1 comment:

  1. I've yet to brayer the Bride/Bridesmaid paper but agree it was so easy to do with the Night and Day that I must get around to it. It's a great introduction to brayering for those who are a bit intimidated. Love what a feature you've made of the Melon Mambo here.

    Hope that Mrs Miggins is settling down again poor thing.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete