Pages

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Serene Snowflakes

I think I am safe to post this now as most of my ladies have their cards.

Heres one of the cards I made for my past hostesses and some of my customers.


I got the idea from some Card Candy made by Sara here.

The snowflake paper was made using the one sheet wonder technique - covering a sheet of Whisper White cardstock with stamped images in different sizes and coordinated colours, here Night of Navy, Bashful Blue and Marina Mist inks.  Spots of Chrystal Effects were applied to the tiny snowflakes and Dazzling Diamonds glitter sprinkled on to give some bling.  Once this was dry I trimmed it to fit the card blank

A thin strip of Marina Mist card was punched using the scalloped edge punch and attached to the back of the snowflake card - it doesnt need a wide strip of card as most of it is covered.  The top of the snowflake card was covered in a strip of 3/8" Night of Navy Grossgrain ribbon and it was then attached to the card blank.

To make the large snowflake topper I stamped the large snowflake onto Whisper White card in Night of Navy ink and used my paper peircer and mat template to decorate the corners.  Then I stamped the large snowflake again with Versamark onto Night of Navy card and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  The main four large points of the snowflake including the centre were cut out and mounted with dimentionals onto the Whisper White topper and a large rhinestone brad put through the centre.  This was then mounted onto Marina Mist card and attached to the card blank, overlapping the snowflakes.

I have some more photos to share but they will have to wait as I wont get to see everyone before Christmas. 

There would have been more photos, but had a slight problem... I made lots more cards last week after running short.  I handed these out to some people at work on Monday, then realised that I hadnt taken any photos of them (DOH!).

Hope you are keeping warm and safe. 
Thanks
Jan
X

1 comment:

  1. Love the one sheet wonder background and the scallop trim. They set off the topper beautifully.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete