Pages

Friday 31 December 2010

Last Christmas Card

Heres the last Christmas card I made.  I cant believe its over for another year...

I ran out of cards and as usual struggled for inspiration. But thankfully remembered that I had lots of swaps on my display boards from demonstrators I have met over the last few months.  The inspiration comes from a swap done by Carol, who I understand CASEd it from a card made in September by DianeP on the In Love With Stamping gallery.  Heres the link to the one Diane did and her blog is http://craftwithstyle.blogspot.com/.  Thanks Amanda for reminding me who made the swap!




I coloured some Platinum Shimmer Paint with Not Quite Navy ink from my reinkers, applied it to the circle image with a sponge dauber and stamped onto Whisper White card.  Then I stamped the oblong star eight times around the circle in Marina Mist ink.  The spacing was so easy with the clear mount sets - I didnt have to do any measuring and they are almost evenly spaced!

As the sponge dauber was still loaded with the blue shimmer paint (and I didnt want to waste it!) i went around the edges of the card in a stroking motion to apply the paint to the outside edge.  This didnt quite work on the first few I made, but as I the ink became less heavy and I got the hang of the effect I wanted, it did look better.

To decorate the star I used one of the large brads from Hodgepodge Hardware in the centre and some basic rhinestones (boy, do these sparkle!) before wrapping the ribbon around the card.  The ribbon was just Whisper White 3/8 Grossgrain which I dyed - again using reinkers in Not Quite Navy. Another brilliant way of colour coordinating everything from SU.

The star topper was just matted and layered in Not Quite Navy and Marina Mist, applied to the card blank and the sentiment added.

The reinkers came in really handy with this card.  At first, I just wanted to colour the Shimmer Paint - it was only as I was layering the star and the mats of card up that I realised that we dont have any Not Quite Navy ribbon (great planning there then!).  The ribbon came out very slightly lighter than the card (but it was such a slight difference, you could hardly tell).

Ok, thats my last Christmas Card post - for this year anyway.

Happy New Year Everyone - hope its a good one for you!!!

Take care
Jan

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    I was lucky enough to get one of these and it's even more gorgeous IRL. Boy do those rhinestones bling. It's a lovely design and a great way of using a non-christmas set to make a christmas card.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Jan! Hope it will be a GREAT one....

    It was Carol that made the swap card... but she CASEd it from a card made in September by DianeP on the In Love With Stamping gallery - so it is Diane that deserves the original credit.... Dianes' blog is http://craftwithstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely Jan......fancy using all those gems on one card ! Jean

    ReplyDelete