Pages

Saturday 4 December 2010

Painful week and not just with the snow...

Hi everyone!

Its been such a hard time for everyone this week with the snow hasnt it?!  It took me nearly 3 hours to get into work on Tuesday and have been snowed in since Wednesday.  Luckily I can work from home though so I have been nice and warm, watching all the snow.

I have also been in quite a bit of discomfort this week as I had a nail treatment which caused me to have an alergic reaction and i ended up with blisters under my finger nails (I know, yuk!) but the worst of the pain is over now.

Anyway, heres a photo of one of the Christmas cards that I made recently.

I used one of the baubles form the Tree Trimmings stamp set to make the snowflake.  The bauble was stamped out six times in Real Red ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock and tiny drops of glue was added along with red glitter.  Once the glue was dry, I cut each one out and put to one site.

After punching out some flowers using the Boho Flowers Punch in Old Olive and Real Red cardstock, I glued the six baubles to a large Old Olive flower to help me space them evenly.  Then I put two smaller Real Red flowers on top, offsetting them. 

To finish the snowflake off I put a large brad from the Hodgepodge Hardware set in the centre and mounted the whole thing onto a die cut mat of Very Vanilla cardstock.

This was then mounted onto mats of Real Red cardstock, Old Olive Deigner Series Paper (retired) and then onto a 5" square card blank.

Hope you are coping ok with all the snow and thank you for bobing over to see my blog.

Jan

1 comment:

  1. Glad that the worst of the pain is over but really hope that any remaining allergic reaction goes soon.

    Love how you've used the baubles for the snowflake.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete